Supplier Warranty Details:
Our products are designed and manufactured in the UK from our factory in Greater Manchester to the highest possible standards of quality and craftsmanship. All our products are subject to a stringent quality control process, which is why we are convinced that you have purchased a product which you will enjoy for many years to come.
In this warranty/guarantee, L’Bode means LBODE LTD Meadow Bank Business Park, Junction 22, Tweedale Way, Oldham, Lancashire, United Kingdom, OL9 8EH, a company incorporated in England with registered company number 13286291.
To receive our full warranty your L’Bode product must have been bought from an authorised stockist. This is subject to terms and conditions including the registration of your Fireplace within 28 days of the purchased date.
The commencement date for the warranty period is the date of purchase.
It is extremely important that you use our products as set out in our guidelines of correct use and undertake the maintenance that we outline as necessary to enjoy many years of trouble-free use of your product.
The fire chamber only on our wood burning and solid fuel stoves (including the panel components and welding) is supplied with a 5 year guarantee, for fireplaces purchased from 1st December 2020.
This guarantee is not transferable and is extended only to and solely for the benefit of the person(s) purchasing of the stove directly from L’Bode or an authorised reseller. Please retain your dated sales order/receipt as proof of purchase.
If any part of the fire box fails due to manufacturing or material defect within the guarantee period L’Bode will at its sole discretion either repair or replace the part at no charge. The decision of L’Bode will be final. For the purpose of this guarantee, a material or manufacturing defect includes the splitting or cracking of the main stove body.
All our products (with the exception of the fire chamber only on our wood burning and solid fuel fireplaces, which is subject to a separate guarantee) come with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. To validate the warranty your product must be registered within 28 days of purchase via our warranty registration (https://lbode.co.uk/warranty/registration.) by the original purchaser.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
No Warranty is extended to consumable service parts or the repair or replacement of parts, which are subject to normal wear and tear during the Warranty period. Parts that will require replacement in connection with normal annual maintenance, such parts include but are not limited to glass, rope seals, firebricks, grate parts, log retainers, baffles and ash pans are not covered under the Warranty.
The L’Bode Warranty does not cover:
- In normal usage, the paint finish of your L’Bode Fireplace may change colour slightly. As these circumstances are considered normal, they are not covered by the Warranty. The paint finish will require touching up or repainting from time to time. Maintaining the finish is normal practice and is not covered by the warranty.
- Enamelled components where these parts are subjected to abnormally high temperatures, chemical abrasion, or thermal shocks, resulting in chipping, cracking, bubbling or discolouration and crazing of the enamelled finish.
- Damage resulting from installation and usage where the appliance has not been installed or used in accordance with the L’Bode installation and operation instructions.
- Defects or faults caused by specific local conditions such as coastal corrosion.
- Damage or faults caused by lack of appropriate maintenance.
- Damage or premature wear caused by burning inappropriate fuels such as pallet wood, painted / varnished wood or any other unnatural contaminant, coal, “Petro-Coke” or any other Petroleum based coals. Please visit the HETAS website, www.hetas.co.uk, for a full list of approved fuels which are covered by the warranty. Fuels outside of this list are not covered by the Warranty.
- Damage caused by burning material with high creosote content or any other painted/treated timber.
- Damage caused by burning wood with high moisture content.
- Damage caused by unauthorised modifications, use or repair.
- Consequential loss (to the extent permitted by law) relating to other associated products that have not been supplied by L’Bode Ltd.
- Consequential loss (to the extent permitted by law) related to decorations, furnishings or other household assets.
- Removal and re-installation costs.
Repaired or replaced products are covered only for the remainder of the original Warranty period.
If you should ever wish to make a Warranty claim because of a product fault or defect, you must inform us within a reasonable amount of time, usually this is within 14 days from the date on which the fault or defect first became apparent. If the product fault or defect is notified after 14 days from the date on which the fault or defect became apparent, L’Bode cannot accept any liability for events or issues which arise after the 14-day period or which are caused or increased by the lack of notification which therefore prevented action being taken to restrict or eliminate any consequences arising from the fault or defect at an earlier date.
In the event of a product fault occurring during the Warranty period, L’Bode will send the appropriate component or goods necessary to rectify the fault, free of charge.
Nothing in the Warranty shall make L’Bode liable for any or special, incidental or consequential damages, injury to persons or property, or any other consequential loss beyond the consumer’s statutory rights. The liability on these issues is covered by L’Bode Terms and Conditions of Sale.
L’Bode total liability extends only to the purchase price paid for the goods, except where such a limitation is prohibited by statute. L’Bode, in the event of a Warranty claim, reserve the right either to replace the goods in question or to refund the purchase price of the goods.
The L’Bode Warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
In the event of any conflict of information, the warranty details provided on the website shall prevail.
The above warranty terms and conditions came into effect on 1st December 2020 and are applicable for all relevant products purchased after this date.
Please note: This warranty is applicable for purchases within the United Kingdom.